CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Executive Mentor First Meeting

This past Friday I had my first meeting with my executive mentior, Mr. Brian Gueniot.

I was unsure of what it would be like, what we were supposed to do, if I would be bored, etc. But, I was pleasantly surprised. First everyone in Intro to Business met up in the classroom, and we went over the assignment and met all of the mentors. Then me and 6 other people separated with our mentor and we got together in a group upstairs.

I learned about Mr. Gueniot and his previous jobs, he even has his own business so I feel he may be able to help me with my goal of owning a restaurant. He even said he would bring someone in in that industry. Mr. Gueniot seems to know a considerable amount about the field of business, I feel confident that I will learn a lot.

I feel like the executive mentoring program will help me feel more comfortable in the major I am taking and have a greater insight into what the field is all about. I know that this will help me in the process of my career because of learning about so much, so early on and this will only increase the possibilities I have with future employers.

All in all, I can't wait for the next meeting and I'm excited about what will happen and what I can learn.

1 comments:

Loyola University COB 2012 said...

Great job! Keep up the good work.